Wednesday 30 August 2017

Looking Back, Moving Forward

To say the last few months have been difficult would be a severe overstatement.

 
Just grin and... ???


However, there were some good things that happened. In June, I made the trek to see my best friend! Let me tell you, long distance public transit is often complicated, but I made it there and back in one piece. And, I don't know if any of you remember, but my best friend breeds horses!
2 weeks old!

  CeeCee had another dun colt this year, and he is just the cutest.
Hey mama, got anything for me?
 His name is Remington, and while he looks very sweet and docile in these pictures, I assure you, this little man loves adventure! At first it was difficult to get him out out the paddock - usually the foals will happily follow their dam, but Remy always insists on exploring.
Lookit those eyelashes!
 Still, he is incredibly friendly and sweet.

See this nose? Yearning for kisses!
And he is always up for cuddles!

Another horse that has come into my life is Pepper, a 3 year old Thoroughbred mare purchased by another one of my friends at the beginning of this month.

Getting used to her new home
 For being so young, she is surprisingly calm, but she still has a lot of learning ahead of her. 

A quiet stroll around the Standardbred track
While I certainly wouldn't get on her right now, (even as calm as she is, I'm not THAT brave!) it's good to have more horses to visit.






No comments:

Post a Comment