Thursday 17 March 2016

Western Gaming Pads

I recently spent a weekend back at home and while I wanted to show off one of the stall toys I had made, it is currently broken from my cat knocking it off a shelf. Whoops.


So, I spent part of the weekend drafting up a pattern for a Western gaming pad. The first 2 iterations didn't really turn out, but I'm quite pleased with these ones. While I have not attached wear leathers yet, they are otherwise finished.


 My first acceptable pad is purple, and unfortunately does not photograph well by any means. In pictures, it comes off as blue and iridescent, but it's really just a marbled darker purple. The square stitching in the middle is also a little off center and too low on one side, so...boo. This will only really work under a larger saddle or in photos.

Harrison (Galileo Figaro)

 It looks pretty cute on Galileo though, huh?


 My second pad is very, well...Purdy, haha! The stitching on this one is also not quite right, but at least any mistakes are covered up by a saddle.

Harrison (Galileo Figaro) - Still looking good and masculine!
 I might be sewing up some more with this fabric eventually, so perhaps I can create some little gifts. Maybe. We'll see ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment