Thursday 19 November 2015

A Taste Of Some Breyer Barns

One of my favourite model horse "props" are some of the largest - the Breyer barns themselves! I have multiple, too many to number comfortably on this blog without embarassment, but it is a near insatiable love. Unfortunately, most of my barns are in an OF state or are minimally customized, but on my Christmas break from college I am hoping to at least paint up one of my barns.

This opens up a whole slew of decisions, much like when one is deciding to paint a horse. My personal favourite colour scheme for barns is not the classic red, but the timeless pairing of Cape Cod blue and an aged white. However I am left with figuring out what to do with the interior of the barns. I usually would just go with white, but real life horses are very dirty creatures! So, do I just pretend that if it were to exist as a real establishment that it is cleaned incessantly, or do I just go the easy route and leave the wood natural? I may at least see about oiling it...Hm.

Anyways, I wanted to present a couple photos that have been rotting away on my iPhone, one more recent than the other. I do want to apologize in advance for my poor photography in these ones, it's a lot easier to make outdoor pictures look good!

GG Valentine (Sweet Niagara Wine) and Heartbreaker (Double The Bourbon), a recreation of a lot of real life photos I'm sure many of us have taken!
GG Valentine (Sweet Niagara Wine) and Heartbreaker (Double My Bourbon), this time mom is modeling one of my first quilted blankets

Tomorrow I may be posting some pictures of some real horses, so prepare for dimly lit iPhone photos in my best friend's barn, pre stall-cleaning. Just pay attention to the cute paint foals, shh.

No comments:

Post a Comment