Tuesday 29 August 2017

The Longest Year

So...I've been absent from this blog, Model Horse blab, and just generally the hobby for a long time. At first I was feeling burnt out from going full-tilt at tack- and prop-making, then school got in the way, then depression...

...And then at the end of April my mom was in a car accident.

She is a diabetic, and her blood sugar suddenly dropped for unknown reasons. All I know was that she was found driving recklessly down the back roads by a police officer, and rolled the van 6 times right in front of him. I thought I had lost her.

She was in the hospital for a while, but came out of things almost completely unharmed - just very sore and suffering from a severe concussion. So, a lot of my time was spent looking after her and just generally keeping her safe. Things were going well, but with her health being already poor, there was no way attending Breyerfest would be feasible.

...And then, at the end of July, she had a fatal heart attack.

There's no need to go into details now, but, I held her in her final moments. I just hope she's at peace now.

One of the few good pictures I have...

I miss you, mom.

1 comment: