Thursday 3 March 2016

Rope Halters

 While my blog has fallen silent, I have managed to keep myself busy with things other than school. Recently I found a package of fine nylon rope, about 1mm thick, in several colours on spools. While I have tried making rope halters in the past, the material I used was a touch too thick and out of scale.


The package I bought had 9 colours: black, white, grey, brown, purple, royal blue, turquoise, peach, pink, and yellow. But...no lime green! How sad. But at least I can practice my knot tying.
 

I realize this isn't exactly the ideal setup for real horses, but I think this would work just fine for endurance or a light trail ride. There are other configurations with the rings attached to the rear knots, which are then connected to a nylon strap (flat or braided) that buckles to the bit.


 This piece of headgear has a sprinkle of added personality, featuring a nice heart knot for the removable browband.


But at the end of the day, sometimes a simple classic does the job... (With added noseband knots for the horse that is the one with personality!)

No comments:

Post a Comment